
The parliament of Catalonia opened up a debate on whether to abolish bullfighting. They are Spain’s first region to against this thing that represents who Spain really is. There’s this lobby group named Prou!, that put a petition out to abolish this “crime”. They feel that this is torture to the animals being fought. They are going to try to get all of Spain to stop this spectacle. But there going to do it one by one.
My opinion on this article: I support these people because they are standing up for what they believe in and its only one region against all of Spain. I think that takes a lot of courage and determination to do so, but why now? After all; this has been happening in Spain ever since I can possibly remember. That is what makes Spain; Spain. Why does everything seem so cruel or out of line now?
"Spain's Catalonia to Debate Ban on Bullfighting | WORLD News." Breaking & Daily News, Sport & Weather | TV ONE, TV2 | TVNZ. 18 Dec. 2009. Web. 11 Mar. 2010.
No comments:
Post a Comment